Sunday 16 February 2014

Rimmel apocalips lip lacquer review

If you are in love with makeup and beauty there is no doubt that you have heard of this amazing new lip product from Rimmel and you are probably sick of hearing about it but I am going to do a review even though it's a bit late.  My friend Jasmine (Popprincessjaz on youtube) recommended this to me actually and I'm so glad she did :)

I absoloute love the packaging on this product.  It has quite a simple and standard bottle, it's black at the top and the colour fades out to clear at the bottom so that you can see the colour of the product.  But I love the lid!  It's kind of a gemstone and plain black, I really don't know a better way to describe it.  It just gives the bottle that 'something' that people look for when looking for a new lipgloss. 



The weirdest part of this product is definitely the smell.  It has a foul smell but luckily it only lasts a little while.  People have different ideas if what it could smell like i.e. Boiled sweets, warm rhubarb crumble, heated metal and I think that if you mix all these, that would be the smell. It's really not very nice, although some people claim to like it.

I think that there are 8 different colours and they are all very highly pigmented (this is probably the best part of the product) the shades which are paler (the nudes) aren't quite as pigmented though.  The brighter colours however are sooo pigmented and stay for hours!  Their also don't stain your lips like a lot of lip products do which is a huge plus!

I find that these lip lacquers DO have excellent durability! Obviously, if you eat, the colour wears and comes off, which is to be expected with drugstore, but you only have to reapply it once.  They really do last a very long time!

They have excellent application techniques as well! It's a basic applicator but it has a dip in the middle which holds the product so that you don't have to keep dipping it into the bottle to get more.  It does require a little technique to apply as it doesn't go on smooth and even straight away.  Something really good is that it definitely isn't sticky at all and feels nice on your lips, soft.



I would give this product a 3 1/2 out of 5 as it has a few downfalls like the smell but overall, it's very good.  I will definitely be buying some again as they really are wonderful!  I really do recommend them!

Jelly xxx

No comments :

Post a Comment