Sunday 30 March 2014

New Look haul + Mother's Day 2014

Hello everyone!

I apologise, I havnt posted in about a week, I'm really sorry - I've been so busy I just haven't had time!

As we all know, yesterday was Mothering Sunday and I spent it wit my Mum and my Nan. We went to Bury St Edmunds and had a lot of fun!

First we went shopping and as I have my holiday in 7 and a half weeks we decided to get me some new beach clothes! It took us quite a while to find anything that I liked but when we went to New Look everything changed! I found myself pulling multiple items off the racks until I had loads of shorts, crop tops, bikinis, dresses and shawls in my hands as well as huge sunglasses! Obviously I didn't buy everything but I did buy quite a lot!



This is a beautiful black bikini with white elephants on, well - I think it's elephants. Put has two layers of frills on the top of the bikini top and a strap that goes around the neck.

This is another really cute bikini that I bought, they are electric blue and there is a hole in the middle of the bikini top which I think looks really cute! It also has a strap which goes round the back of the neck. There was also an orange/Coral one exactly the same but we decided to leave it for another day.
These shorts are absoloutely gorgeous! Thee colour fades in the middle of each short (?) and there is also a beautiful lace type pattern on either side that I thought was just beautiful!
I fell in love with this shawl as soon as I saw it. It has arms that go about 1/4 of the way down my arm and the shawl itself reaches just above my thigh, maybe a bit lower. It has beautiful red and pink roses on it - it's a sheer kind of black and it feels so beautiful. It's light - very light and it just floats, it's beautiful!


I also loved this as soon as I saw it!  It's a crop top and it hangs just over my belly button. It's a bright white (I don't actually own that many white clothes!) and it has tiny little flowers on the flowers on the top of the top.
This dress is gorgeous! It's sleeveless, plain black and it almost reaches the floor! It looks stunning if I do say so myself and, again, it feels weightless and soft on my skin. It's the sort of dress you never want to take off!
In total, it cost me (my mum, lol!) £72.34! That's quite a lot of money! But it was worth it, don't you think?

After we had been shopping we decided to let my nan in on the surprise, the surprise being that we going to Harriet's Cafe Tearooms for afternoon tea! It really was as fun as it sounds!
This is the stand that we had, on the bottom there are sandwiches: salmon, cucumber and cheese and chicken. My favourite was the chicken, I didn't like the salmon - raw fish, eurgh! On the second layer there were scones with clotted cream and jam. As I don't like cream, I just had the jam and they were lovely! On the top layer was our deserts: chocolate cheesecake, lemon cheesecake, an orange profiterole, a strawberry, bitter chocolate tart and a fruit tart.
These are my mum's deserts - fruit tart and lemon cheesecake. I tried the lemon cheesecake and it was absoloutely delicious!
These are the cakes I made my mum for Mother's Day, they are chocolate cupcakes with marshmallows! 

Ingredients:
For the cakes:
100g self raising flour
20g cocoa powder (Cadbury bournville is best)
140g caster sugar
40g unsalted butter
120ml whole milk
1 egg
12-hole cupake tray, lines with paper cases
For the buttercream:
50g dark chocolate
100g unsalted butter
200g icing sugar

BBC good food:

Method

    1. Preheat the oven to 170C(325F)Gas 3
    2. Out the flour ,cocoa powder,sugar and butter in a free standing electric mixer with paddle attachment (or use a handheld electric whisk)and beat on a slow speed until you get a sandy and everything is combined.
    3. Whisk the milk and egg together in a jug ,then slowly pour about half into the flour mixture,beat to combine and turn the mixer up to high speed (scrape any unmixed ingredients from the side of the bowl with a rubber spatula).Continue mixing for a couple more minutes until the mixture is smooth.Do not over mix.
    4. Spoon the mixture into the paper cases until two-thirds full and bake in a preheated oven for 20-25 minutes,or until the sponge bounces back when touched.A skewer inserted in the center should come out clean.Leave the cupcakes to coll slightly in the tray before turning out onto a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
    5. when the cupcakes are cooled,spread the frosting* on with a pallet knife , or squeeze in with a piping bag and decorate with chocolate vermicelli or silver balls. Vanilla and Cream cheese frosting also works well if your not a chocolate lover


*Method (buttercream):
  1. Melt the chocolate in a bowl set over a pan of simmering water. (Do not allow the base of the bowl to touch the surface of the water.) Allow to cool until the chocolate no longer feels hot to the touch.
  2. Beat the butter in a bowl until soft, then gradually beat in the icing sugar. Add the vanilla extract and beat again.
  3. Fold in the melted chocolate until completely incorporated (add a few drops of milk if the mixture is a little stiff).
  4. This icing can be kept in the fridge for a few days. Bring to room temperature and beat again until smooth before icing your cake.


I really hope you enjoyed this - how was your Mother's Day? Leave a link to any blogposts below in the comments section, I look at every one!

Jelly x




No comments :

Post a Comment