Monday 5 January 2015

Ted Baker makeup box collection review

Hello everyone!

So, as I am sure you know, it was christmas a couple of weeks ago and I got some amazing makeup items that I would love to share with you! The item I am going to be reviewing today is a makeup box from ted baker:
 
I adore this box - it has everything you could possibly need in!  I use many of the items everyday.

I absoloutely love the packaging, the lid is a mint green colour with TED BAKER LONDON on it, very simple, very chic. The lid then flaps up, to do this you use the coral coloured piece of ribbon and shows this:


It has a picture of pretty town houses, which have been coloured pastel to fit the theme on the bottom of the lid and the inside of the flap is a plain pale pink colour which draws attention to the makeup.  This design is on many Ted Baker products currently.

This is a beautiful blusher than came with the set. It comes out as a subtle pink colour, it's very natural and not too harsh. It also has a slight shimmer to it. The packaging is a Rose-gold metal, however the picture shows it to be a much more yellow gold. It's a small compact which you could easily take in your handbag, with a simple pop open clasp. It also has TED BAKER written on the middle to give it that designer touch.  I use this every single day - it is very long lasting - I adore it.
        You could also use it as a bronzer as it has the colour, which you can see in the photo.

Blusher^^^^^

This brush is obviously for applying the blusher to your cheeks, however I don't tend to use it as it will make it look too full on my face. It's a soft texture and has a Rose-gold handle. I do use it, however, to apply powder to my face.


These two bottles are pretty highlighters, which you apply above the cheekbones. The bottles are exactly like nail polish bottles, so of course when I first tried them I accidentally used them on my nails 😳, which was very stupid of me and didn't go down well. The applicator is also the same as a nail polish applicator, a small black brush.  The gold highlighter will look lovely for a summer look; very tanned and sunny and the more silver coloured one is better in winter; it is cooler. The gold one will suit warmer tones and silver will suit cooler skin tones

These nail polishes are really sophisticated and very pretty to wear. The red looks very classy and the silver is very simple. The lids are Rose-gold to match the rest of the kit.

-----
On the outside of the box it has the same pattern as on the bottom of the lid: pastel town houses and there is a drawer with a small coral ribbon like the one for the lid.
The inside is the same pale pink colour as under the lid. In here there is also different kinds of makeup products:



This is my least favourite item, mascara. When I tried it, it didn't seem like a high-end mascara, it didn't come anywhere close to the maybelline rocket mascara which I use. It's very thin and it took about four coats to be the same as one coat of the rocket mascara, which was very disappointing. However, the packaging is quite nice: simple, black and sophisticated.


This eyeliner is amazing, but not much better than drugstore. Never the less, I really love it. It's long lasting and a strong black. It's very easy to apply, it's like a very thin felt tip pen so you just draw on the eyeliner like you would on paper. I love it so much!  It doesn't last very long through the day. Around lunchtime I find myself having to reapply it because the colour has faded significantly.


This is a really pretty dark-berry lip crayon.  This I absoloutely adore - It applies very smoothly but is quite difficult to apply at the edge of your lips. It is quite long-lasting, it survives well through food, although you may need a touch-up. It's not too harsh and looks smooth.  I love to wear this product because it is quite a soft colour, even though it is quite dark.

This is a gorgeous bright red lipstick that looks very classic. It's long lasting and smooth.  However, again, I don't think it's much better than drugstore red lipsticks like Kate Moss in Rimmel. I do love tha packaging though, I love the cuboid, white design and the simple letters on the top of the lid. It's looks very chic on my dressing table!


Here are some Rose-gold eyelash curlers which work really well, even though I don't need them because my lashes are naturally curly.

Finally, I finish with two eye crayons in gold and grey. They have Rose gold ends and simple lids. They last quite long and both have a little bit of shimmer. They're good if you can't be bothered or don't have time to do complicated eye makeup and just want to sweep on one colour.

So, that's it! I absoloutely love the set and I seriously reccomend it it for a birthday, Christmas or whatever. It's great and totally worth the £40 that it is.

Ellie xxx

No comments :

Post a Comment